Compassionate Hospice Care Services at No Cost to You in Portland, OR
What is Hospice Care?
Hospice care is end-of-life care provided to a terminally ill patient. Hospice care is provided when the patient ceases curative care and medical treatment and has six months or less to live. Unlike palliative care, hospice care is not offered alongside curative care; it is offered instead of curative treatment. Hospice care can occur in a patient’s home, or at a hospital, medical facility, or hospice facility. Hospice care is designed to ensure a patient remains comfortable and pain-free during the last months of life.
- Palliative Care: Hospice focuses on managing the patient’s symptoms and providing pain relief. The emphasis is on comfort and quality of life rather than curative treatments.
- Medical Support: A team of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and aides, work together to ensure the patient’s medical needs are met. They monitor the patient’s condition, provide medications, and assist with medical procedures as necessary.
- Emotional and Spiritual Support: Hospice provides emotional and psychological support to both the patient and their family. This includes counseling, bereavement support, and assistance in coping with the emotional challenges of the end-of-life process.
- Personal Care: Hospice aides help with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing, and eating when needed, offering additional comfort and support to patients.
- Respite Care: Hospice may offer short-term respite care for the patient, which allows their primary caregivers (often family members) to take a break and rest.
- 24/7 Availability: Hospice teams are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to address any urgent needs or provide assistance.
- Medical Equipment and Supplies: Hospice typically provides necessary medical equipment and supplies, such as hospital beds, wheelchairs, oxygen, and medications.
- Coordination of Care: The hospice team collaborates with the patient’s primary physician and other healthcare providers to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach to care.
- Bereavement Support: After the patient’s death, hospice continues to offer support to the family during the grieving process.
It’s important to note that hospice care is usually provided to patients who have a life expectancy of six months or less, based on their physician’s prognosis.
Dedicated to Providing Comfort & Skilled Care
At Agape Hospice NW in Portland, OR, we are committed to providing gentle and nurturing end-of-life services for families and their loved ones to bring comfort and relief during difficult times. Agape comes from the Greek word, meaning love. Our name was carefully chosen as it encompasses our beliefs, philosophy, and overall commitment to all of our patients and their families. We provide full-service hospice care with no out-of-pocket expenses. Agape’s goal is to improve the quality of life for our patients and their families and allow the patient to live the remainder of their life to the fullest. Hospice care not only addresses a patient’s physical needs, but it also provides addresses the patient’s emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs as well.
We trace our success as a company to the simple & enduring philosophy, that our patients are a gift, & for all they have achieved throughout their life, we owe them our thanks! At Agape we can best demonstrate our gratitude through our compassionate skilled medical care, & making sure that our patients and families are not alone throughout this transition.
Our Skilled Team of Medical Professionals is Free for You
A physician must recommend hospice care in order to be eligible for this assistance. However, once eligibility is confirmed, our all-inclusive services by our full team are provided at no cost to the patient or their family. Typically, hospice is for patients with a life expectancy of six months or less based on the projection of a terminal illness running its normal course. Since care for these individuals is specialized and requires various levels of treatment, our team of professionals tending to your loved one includes:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Hospice Aides
- Social Workers
- Spiritual & Bereavement Counselors
- On-Call Nurses for 24/7 Crisis Support
Who Is Eligible for Hospice Care?
Our hospice care is always provided at no cost to the patient or family. Once a doctor determines that hospice care focusing on pain and symptom relief over treatment is the best course, that is when we begin focusing on providing the best quality of life for the patient. Common diseases and conditions our patients are suffering from include:
- Heart Disease
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- Respiratory Diseases
- Neurologic Diseases
- Liver/Renal Failure
Our Free Services With No Out-of-Pocket Cost
Our service offerings are tailored to meet the various needs of our patients and their families while in our care and there will never be a charge for these. We are here to meet your needs with services by caring professionals, including:
- Personalized Care Services
- Hospice Aides (CNA)
- Pain and Symptom Control
- Social Services
- Bereavement Support
- Nursing Services
- Geriatric & Palliative Care
- Volunteer Assistance
We Offer the Best in Life’s Difficult Times
The team of professionals at Agape Hospice NW is dedicated to bringing comfort and peace to families during some of the most challenging times with a loved one. With skilled pain and symptom management, the ability to live more comfortably, and around-the-clock care, hospice care patients live an average of 29 days longer than those without this support service. We are also here to offer ongoing social and grief counseling and assistance for the entire family. All with no out-of-pocket expenses. Contact us to learn more.